Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@John, more good work! I've fixed the oasis bug, as for the free heals I'll have to take a look at that, the item condesing thing has been suggested alot, I considered adding it while I was coding the inventory thing but couldn't implement it well enough so I'll be reviewing it soon as for your plant lore idea, sounds good.

As for the traders, I will be fixing guards soon because they are usually weaker than the trader and in the future with armor and npcs having weapons all human npcs will be buffed, but I have no plans for level scaling.

its possible to find any kind of weapon any time, the previous looting system before inventories went in just ran in the weapon generator until it got a weapon strong enough to fit its criteria like how the elite shops work however you can find great weapons at any time.

Coal is useless atm aside from selling it, in the future when towns are overhauled it could have many uses, even being the currency of a to wn.

there are definitely plans to let the player sell all his stuff, but It may take a day or two to implement, I wont be adding players choice for the price, the merchants or people you are selling to will say what they will pay for it based on their pricelevel, so a rip-off merchant will pay less for your stuff, however in certain regions they'll pay more for certain stuff and less for others, plus in the future I'll be adding a barter skill that effects both buying and selling, the toll gates will be updated in the future too, I'm not a fan of how they work and the fact they are unavoidable.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, keep em coming, especially when I'm looking for bugs, I run through all the bug reports on this thread and on reddit before I release a build

@mata, plant bug is now fixed. negative max hp sucks, but I did once get a +30xp plant, ate loads of them and ended up leveling enough times to max my herbalist skill.

@K eyisfull, yup the wastes are out to get you! you generally want to avoid any region above level 3 or anything with titans or hellzones, aside from that you should be ok, only when you are a powerful mutant or have a super strong weapon would I ever risk titan regions or hellzones or level 9 regions.

Scrap master is kind of broken atm, it worked up until inventory went into the game and allowed you to combine weapons, will be fixing it soon

As for storms I agree though, have nerfed them a bit in the newest update.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ronal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ronal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector