Re: I want to make a game, but don't know what language to use or how to g

I am not convinced that starting with programming is the best way to learn how to make games.
The important skill is to be able to take resources--be they paper, rocks, Microsoft Word, or full blown programming skill with all the best libraries--and come up with a way to make a game out of that.
When you understand the underlying idea of how to represent what you want to make with an arbitrary medium, programming and other tools just become a matter of translation (and the occasional weird technical hickup).

Using all the best modern widgets* is great if you want to reach a larger audience, and if you can start with pygame or c++ or Purebasic or BGT or HTML5 and get running quickly and satisfactorally, great!
In my experience, though, there is no "one size fits all" approach to game development.

* I have no idea what a widget is. I think it's a word for "arbitrary thing made by techies", which just kinda makes it annoying. Eh, la nguage evolves, whether I like it or not.