Which is easier? Coding scripts/soundpacks for VipMud or Mushclient?

Hi all,
I have been looking at the scripts for Miriani/Prometheus for wanting to make soundpacks of my own. I want to make a mush-Z like soundpack for Wayfar1444 as I've been getting back into it. These scripts seem to have pretty messy code, and I may as well learn BGT if I want to code for these.
I haven't taken a look at Mush-Z yet, but VipMud''s scripts for Promo seems pretty complex for playing multiple sounds, gagging is simple enough using #gagline to gag all text without displaying it. I forgot the other function to display the text in output but gag speech.
I don't need the misc stuff that Alter Aeon MushZ has, like the equipment manager, auto healing... but I do want to make a config dialogue similar to it.
Also, I'd gag misc things like "X messes with <insert toolname here>".

I also want to do one for Aardwolf as well. I love the speedwalking features of that game. Alter Aeon is god, but I think the re're some better muds that deserve the MushZ treatment.