Re: 3d audio in bgt using camlorn audio!

I am now watching these forums because I've gotten many separate inquiries about Libaudioverse; you will have nightly builds within the week, mostly because these have been along the lines of "How do I build it?".
It can't be fully bound to BGT, but it does sound much, much better.  The OpenALSoft HRTF makes some sacrifices because it was written in 2002.  The metallic quality doesn't exist in Libaudioverse.  Nor does the various problems with Hrtf randomly not working for some people because of sample rate issues, even moreso if you forget to bundle the 5 or 6 hrtf files and point Camlorn_audio at them correctly.  It also does a lot more in the direction of synthesis and provides an occlusion model and a bunch of tools you can use to build your own effects from scratch.
Your problems with binding it to BGT are simple and unfixable by any of us: getting objects to properly garbage collect requires using a callback that may be called from any thread and, unless BGT has something I don't know about, this will bring BGT crashing down very, very hard.  If you want to use Libaudioverse with BGT, you'll need to write a thin wrapper over the C API and avoid anything that uses callbacks or events, but otherwise it's fine.  You just can't abstract it to be a nice API in BGT because BGT is missing critically important features.  Libaudioverse is designed to be bound, and it assumes a common subset of features that are common in mainstream tools and hides them from you via the bindings.  Building a binding for BGT that is as easy to use as Libaudioverse can be in mainstream tools requires writing an additional C library that exposes it all on one thread, and I'm not going to be the one to do this.
Libaudioverse is GPL, and I am currently not able to give exceptions.  Libaudioverse may be commercial, and I haven't done the paperwork for GPL exceptions with a lawyer yet.  The upshot of this is that your code is also covered by the GPL if you use it, and you therefore need to be willing to distribute source code.  I'm not sure at this point if I can pull off a kickstarter, but Libaudioverse needs another year or so of development in order to be finished, rock solid, and have a strong community, and I need to get money for this somehow, even if it's over the next 5-year period as people buy it here and there.  As I don't want to have to support it for the next 10 years of my life, I'm hoping the kickstarter can and will work.  But it's usable for games and the first release will probably happen in the next month.
The Github is here.  The Github for camlorn_audio (as well as binaries from me) are all no longer available; the current version of Unspoken now uses Libaudioverse.  I cannot and will not stop you if you have a DLL, I released it under the BSD license and you're following it.