Rock Band 4 is on its way

The following paragraph will be updated post-launch

Those who have been following Harmonix recently will be aware that "the only rock band game you'll need this generation" is coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 very very soon. So soon in fact, that it's less than a week away at the current time of writing.

I can confirm a few things from watching the Harmonix stream last night and I'll see if there's an archive of all the different parts (as pieces were on different channels/areas of the internet).

Campaign, whilst playable to a degree, is not narrated/doesn't have sound effects from what I saw.  There does, however seem to be ambient music tracks that play over it.

Voting during songs doesn't have to be done, you can wait until the end of a song to vote (as yet not fully substanciated).

Crowds are different to previous games (I can't recall seeing a single recycled crowd thus far in the game 's trailers or actual footage).

Quickplay mode seems to just be one song at a time as before.  Shows mode is the equivalent of an endless setlist, where you choose songs as you go through.

I believe you can start a band whilst in the song list - other people just press start/green/buttons on their instrument/controller whilst the other person is in there and they can join. (not yet fully substanciated).

I don't claim to be a full authority on this game, but post any RB4 questions and it might be possible to find an answer.