Questions from a Starter in Music Production

hi gang. I am going to invest in some recording gear to possibly make a few solo albums later on down the road. What is a good keyboard that is full featured yet affordable? What producer software is still around for Windows? I heard of Sonar, but I am not sure if that is still around. Does Protools work with NVDA?