Monthly chat October

Welcome back to monthly chat, your first stop for random ramblings about life, the universe and anything else you happen to feel like chatting about each month.

Of course people will think this topic is late, but people are wrong!
The month is called octember, it has 5 days and comes between september and october. August, september, octember, october.

See? quite logical. sinse Octember is such a short month I decided that the september monthly chat should do for both months, which is why we're only now into October.

Of course, I'm quite aware that there are lots of silly people outside Darkland who have no idea of what the propper calendar looks like, however don't feel bad, anyone can learn, and I'm always ready to give the bennifit of my towering interlect and boundless experience to those less fortunate than myself, after all it is not everybody who has the bennifit of never being wrong, ever! at all ever!
Of course, I am quit e aware that even I have flaws, Once I was conceited but now I'm perfect! big_smile.

Okay getting back to seriousness,  I will confess that yes, I did actually forget this topic, mostly I confess due to my mind still being pretty much focused only and singly on my lady.
Right now we're spending a good couple of hours each day on the phone, though it looks like we'll be moving in together in November, which of course is both exciting, and a little terrifying! she's never actually played audiogames, but enjoys games generaally, plus as someone who reads probably as much if not more than I do there are a lot of rpgs, gamebooks and the like which I look forward to  trying out with her, though I might need to learn a little about Window eyes sinse that is her screen reader of choice, ---- actually she's said she wants to improve her internet ski lls so I'll be thinking of some web games to recommend as that is the way I primarily learnt how to use Supernova.

Of course that is assuming we actually have time! to play any games, sinse right now mentally it's pretty difficult to concentrate on much else besides each other (I literally wake up thinking about her), though I was very good yesterday and did play a lot of Grendel's cave big_smile.

I have however done a few other things, most noteably on Saturday I went off for a day long session of 7th sea with my rp friends. 7th Sea is a really fun game, basically every single hammy historical cliche on fashion, I played a Castilian swordsman who was sort of a mix between sharpe and Zoro, ---- though he was a cavalry officer and didn't ware a mask.
I'll say it was fantastic being able to actually get bonuses for uttering lines like "unhan d the lady!" and (when someone attempted to grab my sword with his bucler), "Well as your so eager to hold my blade let me oblige you!"

It was pretty awesome generally and hopefully we'll get to do it again at some point.

I've also actually done some propper work on site for a change, as well as get some of my academic work done sinse when not concentrating on my sunbeam (yes, our endearments do get that level of ridiculous), I'm actually feeling pretty energetic, albeit at the moment I'm drying off sinse I got absolutely drenched going to the bank which I wouldn't have done if they hadn't closed the branch just next to my bloody house!

Hopefully now my desktop is in working order I can make a start on Angel series one, which has been somewhat delayed.
In terms of reading, I'm continuing with Tom Holt at the moment, though will be trying something different when I'm finished. I've also recently got hold of the malason book of the fallen series by Steven Ericson, which I'm very much wanting to read sinse on fantasybookreview.co.uk it's ranked second only to Tolkien, even above Hobb, Martin, rothfuss, Jordan and Sanderson. It sounds a tough series to get into, but rewarding, which is definitely something I'm up for, albeit I have a rather different book to try first.

Btw, for amusement value I also recently read the eleventh how to train your dragon novel. I am actually really liking the series. They're definitely kids books, but I like the humour and fun, they got me at dragons and vikings, albeit that now the series is heading towards it's final book things are getting pretty serious (one character actually died in book eleven, which was doubly confusing given he wasn't the person you'd have expected.

Oh, and btw to answer the question gamesmaster asked in last month's topic, (you know, octember!), I read in audio. I used to read a lot in braille but a combination of slow braille reading and portability rather put me off, though if i had a braille display I might consider reading ebooks.