Re: ideal way of creating a map parcer?

Figured i'd throw my hole take in the matter. Keep in mind some of this could sound a bit harsh, and I could be exadurating a bit in parts. But this is what I think about the hole thing. All of it is only my opinion. There are quite a fiew people I agree with. Aprone, danny, and severestormsteve, well, well said in my opinion. I just came on this topic and red everything from beginning to end. Hmmm. I think, why is it such a big deal? @camlorn you mensioned something that could possibly be quite hurtful and very offensive. No one else pointed this out in particular. You were talking about how we could play with our toys and you go play with your powertools to make things that are higher quality and so you can benifit because were using... toys? Toys? Really. We must have some pretty powerful toys that just in my opinion you are greatly underestimating. I don't mind what people use, Cool, you use python and are working to develop a rather nice sounding 3d audio library. C ool! The thing sounds nice! Have you ever considered that our "toys" can make things that sound nice too? Oh if you could you'd make your products not work with bgt because you think it is stupid? Me as the customer... "That company is rediculis. " anyway, in more suddle turms, the electrical company suddenly makes a statement saying that they officially have wood siding on a house, and there making it elegal to use there survices because you have wooden siding, something the directer doesn't like? Ok, sorry but I must say... What the hell. I'm nearly speachless. That has got to be the most imiture thing i've heard in years. Quite a fiew people would think you were 3, making sure you didn't touch one big toy to a smaller toy because you didn't like it. Spoiled, just my opinion. Take swamp, written in vb6, i've scene quite a fiew people buy that, over 80, infact at least. The tiny profit from audiogames. Hmmm. Even you couldn 9;t make a living out of that just cuz you code in c++ or python. So you should stop using our language as an excuse to bash us. If someone makes some bad ass audiogame for 5 dollars and 200000 people buy it, they don't buy it cuz it's in python. They buy it because the product is good and your powertools can do that no better than some of the other languages such as pb, that btw, can still use most of the libraries you sceme to rely on so much. May I ask, how come swamp and other games still bring enjoyment to so many people? Basicly, if your "powertools" are so amazing, then how did swamp get so many players? How come so many people love so many games such as AAC, swamp, STW, DMNB... They were made with plastic toys apparently, but people still like them. Doesn't quite match your description. People like my game, and i'm still getting better. And did you know that I didn't need 10.45334 years of experience to make people happy? No, I needed 3. No t to brag, just bringing up another one of your points. I'm amaaing cuz I got 10 years of experience. Sure that could matter in ways like, you know something just a bit smoother and can code it a bit faster... Things can be better... Why you feel that you have to go offend every programmer out there who uses something that works for them or is simply a bit of a lower experience... Rediculis.  Sorry but I can't really aford that big mansion right now, and besides, this cottage gives me everything I need, has, and will for many many years. I could care less if your in a mansion or not. Maybe it makes me look poor, but I just ignore people who think that the only thing that matters is the outside. DMNB is a really cool game. Having it in python, wouldn't change it's micanics now would it. It's got many many really cool features. I never new that just because you code in python, f6 makes you move forward instead of up arrow. Thanks for the tip, i'll ke ep it in mind. Ehh Hehm, see what I mean? Just because DMNB is coded in PB, It still, works the exact same as if it was written in python, the only thing different in my opinion is the sintax and what compiles the sintax. I still like games on my ipod, though they don't use bgt. Ok, I could see something coming up about bgt not being cross platform... Who cares. I don't wanna just code something in bgt that works in IOS. You treat us as if were stupid idiots who forgot how to tap there own forheads. I do code in other langs if what i'm doing doesn't work in bgt and so does everything else. Knowing multiple languages is nice. Not that i'm good at any others per say, but i'm learning still. I use bgt to make things easier for me when it comes to things it can do, maybe to make you understand, and this is based on what you've been saying in your posts, maybe you could think of bgt as being this huge library with functions that make things easier. Neve r new that libaudioverse was a toy, but it's a mini library that attaches to other programing languages. Not trying to sound offensive, but you practicly said just that to all of us and that should kind of be recognised. This is only my opinion and I wanna make that clear. I'm only wanting to get a point acrossed here because that hasn't been brought up much sence camlorn said it. Yeah, You play with your "toys" while I have my big powertools that are high quality. K, maybe i'll make a GUI in as many langs as i can, send out a link containing all ove them, and have you guess what one is python and what one is pb and what one is vb... Ok you get the point. You also mensioned with bgt you can't have secure network traffic. Hmmm, maybe you can. Sure bgt's dll system isn't ideal and even phillip will tell you that, but something might work. And mind you we still have string hash, string encrypt, file encrypt, hex, base, etc etc etc. I wonder how many people would agree with your message camlorn, if we posted it to 500 different main stream programers all at different levels. Corse I'm not doing that, all this is just to get a simple point acrossed. It doesn't make a difference, as some people have said. I'll use what works and i'll use other things if I wanna make something different. Liam uses bgt, damien Pendleton made his games in bgt, Philip made half his games in bgt, I made my games in bgt, Danny makes his games in PB, and if you look at the topics, everyone still enjoys them, reguardless of what programming language there written in. I'm not trying to show superiority or anything, if I am I need to be told cuz that's not my poiint. I'm just saying what probably a  lot of people are at least parcially thinking. I'm not them so don't know, but anyway. Ok, done with my insane rant, but that's what I think, and again @aprone, @severestormsteve1, and @danny, I lov e how you put all that, well said.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector