Re: Looking for any free adventure/fantasy games playable on Windows7 PC

I ran BK2 with instant translate without troubles in the past 24 hours, and haven't updated Instant Translate this month.

I completely missed this topic when it first appeared! I'm not sure if my timezone is set correctly or not, but I'm guessing it got buried under all the talk of PS4 and XBox1 accessibility, Playroom, and what mainstream games might be accessible.

Have you looked into Paladin of the Sky? I never completed the Paladin of the Sky demo. It's pretty long, as demos go; the Jampack demos for PS1 might have included as much content, if you squint a bit, but it felt bigger than Threads of Fate or Gauntlet Legends' demos to me. (Airik the Cleric's demo is more like traditional demo-length.)

(I kinda think we need to write a batch script or something to simplify all these settings for translating games whose languages we don't speak. Preferably something easier than "Install this, install that, find this s etting (wherever Windows moved it to in your version) and change this...". Can't we write scripts that do all those things in a single click? I think we can.)

I will not recommend the JF IM Adventure, for it seems like no one can comprehend it, and it rather carelessly tosses together whatever random things sounded cool at the time (Snape and Freeza and Goldar all show up, and only Snape has anything to do with the plot). I was hoping for something Kingdom Hearts-esque, but it's ultimately pretty clunky and the sounds are a mess.

I'll probably need someone to beta test the 3D adventure game I'm currently working on, though. I'm afraid I went too far in the opposite direction of the JF IM Adventure. It's not clunky, and the sounds are nice, but I'm afraid people are going to get hopelessly lost if I don't add a ton of navigational aids. (I already added a radar of s orts. From what I hear, it might be kinda like Audio Quake's? The geometry engine could support a Swamp-style radar, but I deliberately traded off good coding in favor of rapid playability, so I fully expect it would result in lag if I ever make sufficiently complex maps.)
The writing is kinda terrible at the moment and I haven't made enemy AI. You can also fly pretty much constantly, which kinda takes the fun out of a complex landscape. (So much so that I'm considering putting restrictions on your flight--health? Power? Etc?--just so I don't have to turn everything into a 3D maze just to keep it interesting.)

(Disclaimer: You can fly all the time because you're playing as an angel. Not meant to be a commentary on religion or theology or anything of the sort, but I can see someone taking it that way very easily, just based on two of the 5 scenes I've written so far.)