Re: Seeking sound designers for a multiplayer FPS project

Thanks to all who offered sound design support.
It was great to see such a quick response from the community.
I believe I've got enough help at this point.
I really appreciate the offers, especially as it is a volunteer role, and a time consuming one at that.

@RTR_Assassin, the current dev version of the game only lets you do fine grained turning with the mouse, but I am considering adding the option to turn with the keyboard.
I do believe that turning with the mouse ultimately leads to more accurate aiming, and I encourage everyone to give it a chance so they can compete on equal terms.
Personally I navigate using the snap to cardinal direction keyboard commands, but navigation is different than aiming, at least for me.

@nuno69, I don't have a mechanism for translation at this point, but I will ponder this.
The game will eventually have a high degree of modding, which significantly complicates and limits translation.
One op tion is to use the NVDA instant translate and ClipCopy add ons the same way that many English players use them to play Japanese games.
I can also add an option to copy speech output to the clipboard to remove the need for the ClipCopy add on.
I realize this does not give a translation as nice as a hand written one, but as mentioned, this is complicated when the majority of the content will eventually be player driven.

@sneak, the game will be free.

@assault_freak and Nocturnus, certainly I want the game to have depth and keep players coming back for more.
I have a lot of great ideas for making that happen.
Unfortunately it takes me a lot of time to turn ideas into reality.
So the game will start off simpler than what I really want it to be, and grow over time.
Even Swamp started simply, single player only with a lot of room for improvement; far from where it is today.

@momo7807:
1. English, see translation comments above.
If by chance you meant programming language, feel free to email me that question and I'd be glad to answer it. smile
Though I'm not really sure why it matters unless you are looking for software development advice.  Obviously the important thing is that the game works well and is fun.
2. Ask Aprone or Xoren for specifics.
3. Not important really, as mentioned before.

@pingpong, thanks!
It certainly took me a very long time to get to this point.
While sound design may just be one of the many hurdles, it is still an important one to overcome, so I am glad people are willing to help.
I don't use a pre built FPS engine.
I am happy to discuss coding details through email if you have more questions along those lines.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pingpong via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : App con via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : App con via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector