Re: New horror and adventure sidescroller, The gate!

I definitely see your points Sightless, especially on the game's arcade feel, price and content. I have no problem with the too many side scrollers thing, though the first two levels of this game had me wondering just how simple this game really was going to be. Level 3 as I said earlier is what made me start to take the game more seriously, especially once I started playing on a higher difficulty. Which brings me to my next thought.
I am also having trouble with the Grey Lady as well, I tried to beat her on medium and am finding it impossible, but when I did it on easy, I only lost a few lives and only had to reload my game once. After about 30 lives lost on medium and reloading over and over, I cannot manage to stay alive long enough to kill her. I wonder if her health resets when you lose a life. If so, then that is brutal! I don't want to be sitting there trying to knock out all her health in one life. I almost feel like there should be some way to defend yourse lf from the instant death caused by the normal ghosts.
I wish the normal ghosts didn't kill you in one hit. It works during normal gameplay but for that boss battle I think it's just too much for me anyway. Sometimes I swear I shot in the right direction with my bow and arrow and my shots don't hit her. I hope I soon figure out why, as I have more than once wasted half my arrows trying to hit her and they end up missing. Any gameplay tips are welcome at this point, since I want to get as good at this thing as I can, so that I'm prepared for higher levels.
small
spoiler
alert!
You get the sword after defeating the Grey Lady, so you have three weapons. It's a decent weapon but don't rely on it in a bind, it will not save you at all in my experience. As for the fourth weapon, I suspect you get it after one of the bosses as well.
spoiler
ends
here
For the record, I have decided to purchase the game, though when I will do it I do not know. I'm mainly doing it because I'm tired of thinking about what the rest of the game could be. It's a compulsory purchase but I think I will be okay with it in the end. In any case, I'll likely make the purchase over the weekend if it's convenient for me. If not, I will definitely get it before the introductory sale is over. I will try to record a gameplay when time permits, but am in the process of doing A blind legend gameplay first.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : corykad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector