"Beginners" Game Board?

Could we have a board for beginning gamers?
It could contain basic FAQ threads for the major games.  This way, veteran players could answer questions from new players, and share helpful resources and tips.
The board could also have general tips.  For example, when I was first here, I saw a lot of abbreviations I didn't understand, BK3, DMB, etc., and I eventually learned they were shorthand for specific games.  So maybe we could have an abbreviations or terminology list too.
I suggest this, because there are some huge threads for the more popular games, and while I kind of enjoy trying to decipher veteran-player-game-speak, I could see where it might be intimidating if you simply wanted to get started in a particular game.
Just thinking a beginners' board might be encouraging for someone who has never played accessible games.