seanadams a �crit :
Before getting into which DAC is better, the thing to find out is
whether your receiver is putting all of its signals through a digital
path internally (a quick googling didn't tell me specifically about
your model, but there's much mention of ADCs so I suspect so). If
that's the case, you're better off using a digital connection into the
receiver to eliminate a D->A at the source and another A-D into the
receiver.

Denon has the so call "Pure direct" function for analog inputs that bypass this A->D->A thing. Some googling shows that this function is avalaible for the AVR-3802 (but you have to know the name ;-), see http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xv6LYCVPDPK/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=10420&id=detailed_info&i=033AVR3802 for instance.

By the way, the A->D->A conversion that is common in modern receivers
is not inherently a bad thing. For something with a lot of channels
in/out, it's probably cleaner to get it straight into zeroes and ones
rather than switching the analog signals and passing them all around
inside the box from one PCB to another. I'm sure on some forum there's
a lengthy and well-informed debate that could be cited here...

I agree, but audiophile purist might not and I guess that's why some brands like Denon have included this kind of direct path (which actually turns off all the unused parts of the receiver, including the display, at least on the AVR-2805 and AVR-3805).

Fabrice
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to