WSLam Wrote: 
> Are there actually any readily available PSU that one can buy to
> upgrade?
I'm not aware of one, although that doesn't mean that one doesn't
exist.  The problem is that making a great power supply for audio
reaches into the realm of the audiophile, wherein most components cost
$$$'s.  For example, Naim's Super-Cap power supply sells new at close
to $5K, IIRC.  The standard explanation for this is that it takes lots
of tinkering and research to get things right.  In the DIY world,
however, the parts are cheap, and the research time is your own
(hobby).  This is why you'll find more cheap DIY supplies than pre-made
ones.

WSLam Wrote: 
> Since it's DC, maybe make it battery run?
That would work, if you can find a 5 volt battery than can provide
peaks of 1.5 amps, and is rechargeable.  Car batteries can provide lots
of current and are rechargeable, but provide 12 volts.  I haven't done
any research, but I'm not familiar with a 5 volt variant that does the
same.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-


-- 
Mike Hanson
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to