By "supported", do you mean "it works" or "SlimDevices will give me
official technical support for this".  That could be a significant
distinction.

Since server-side transcoding is very flexible, I'd say that any format
that can be understood by the server platform can work on the client.
Since SlimServer runs on any platform you are likely to have, you could
safely say the clients work for every format you are likely to
consider.

So I guess you should specify what your exact needs are.  If you're
asking "What works?", well, everything works.  I'm sure even MIDI files
could be made to work.  (Hey, that's a good idea...!)

I'd follow the ripping guideline in the Wiki
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?BeginnersGuideToFileFormats)

FLAC is a good choice for the uncertain.  Even if you decide at a later
time that you want to use a different format, because it's lossless, you
can safely convert to a new format without losing any data (unless you
choose to convert to a lossy format).  Also use EAC if it works on your
platform--not all CD rippers are created equal.

--
CatBus