totoro;179204 Wrote:
> So it's just a coincidence that this line of "argument" gets brought up
> so commonly when tests don't show a difference?

It wasn't an argument.  It was a question.  Just like people ask "was
it a double-blind test?" when someone reports hearing a difference.

> Do you think opaqueice would have bothered if he thought his gf had poor
> perceptual abilities? That seems to be the implication of what you're
> saying.

I was asking for more detail on the test subject.

> As to the incivility: yep, I said it, I meant it, and I think you
> deserved it.

Ok.  Please accept my apology...I did not intend to be uncivil.

> Oh well, I guess we'll all survive somehow. This thin-skinned stuff is
> pretty silly: everyone makes bullshit arguments at times. Getting
> called on it certainly isn't the end of the world.

Not the end of the world.  But I do pride myself on being civil, so I
wanted to understand what made my response uncivil so I could avoid
doing it in the future.  Admittedly, I'm still trying to figure out how
I could have asked the question with less controversy...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.
http://www.sonicspirits.com