Eric Carroll;180342 Wrote:

> I have been personally subjected to salespeople who promolgate unproven
> claims of better audio quality in order to extract money. The audio shop
> I bought my recent power amp stated that "everything has a colour",
> meaning even piece of equipment influences tonality, etc. This is
> provably false for certain equipment of a certain class.

I actually believe the statement that "everything has a color", and
have told people that not for the purpose of extracting money, but for
the purpose of telling people they should not buy a piece of gear
without hearing it first.  In fact, by making that statement, it makes
it harder for me to sell gear, because it makes people want to demo
gear in their own homes in their own systems.

What class of equipment do you believe that this statement is false?
For the record, you would be hard-pressed to convince me that a Halco
DM68 and a Vitus Audio SM-101 do not have their own distinct
sound/color...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.