If you're interested in learning more about the quality of high
resolution files please go to www.computeraudiophile.com. You will also
find discussions/links on the relative quality of music files at
different resolutions from 16/44.1kHz to 24/96 and higher, as well as
how to setup players to optimally playback high res files. I would also
direct you to the January 2009 issue of The Absolute Sound's articles on
Reference Recordings' high res files and the review of the Berkeley
Alpha dac. I believe that the superior quality of high resolution files
in resolving systems is well documented.

Below is a partial listing of sources for High Resolution files:

Reference Recordings - offers 176.4/24 HRx WAV files (DVD-R)

Reference Recordings - offers 176.4/24 HRx (DVD-R)

Linn Records - offers 192/24 and 96/24 or 88.2/24 FLAC files
(download)

2L - offers 192/24 FLAC files & also some gratis 192/24 FLAC files

Chesky Records - has 192/24 (DVD-R)

Granted, the selection is still limited, but increasing. And IMHO high
res files are the wave of the future.

As to whether my system is resolving enough, you can be the judge:
modwright transporter (digital out)> playback designs MPS5 (dac -
capable of 24/192kHz) >  dartzeel pre > dartzeel amp > magico v3
speakers.

--
cmarin