michael123 wrote:
> regarding silly sampling rates, tell it to Linn, Lindberg, Classic
> Records and others, ok?

As P T Barnum said, no one has ever gone broke underestimating the
intellegence of the American public.

I have no problem with 88.2/24 or 96/24. I can't hear it, but I can
believe it could be better. But I can't see any possible theoretical
improvement for twice that rate. None.

I have more than 30 microphones in my recording studio. None of them
claim any response over 20kHz. They might have something over 20.0 kHz,
but its going to have at least a 6 dB per octave rolloff, and more are
more likely to have a 24 dB per octave rolloff.

The point of higher rates is to avoid the brick wall filters needed at
22 kHz for redbook. You do that fine with 88.2 or 96 kHz.

> Working with Wave files on the server reduces the load on the
> Transporter.

What are you talking about?

There are no "wave" files that are more than RedBook. You can have PCM
files at any rate/size you want, but it is not going to make it actually
sound better.

>> Give it up.
>>
>> You have become a troll. And your  SeanTrollScore for these recent posts
>> is 0/10. See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76315

You can't get a negative score on the SeanTrollScore, but we may have to
change the rules just for you.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/