Its not that I'm questioning Nyquist - but its a *mathamatical* theory
involving the concept of infiniteness - in particular the
reconstruction theorem involves an infinite sum.

If you read the wikipedia page on this stuff, its noteted that for this
reason, any real-world implementation will only be able to approximate
the reconstruction part. Its clever and good stuff, but not implied by
the theorem itself.

What I've yet to come across, are good arguments comparing the
precision in approximation cf. any usefulness added information in
terms of higher sampling rates, could have?

(I read Dans paper long ago and AFAIR he doesnt dicsuss this much
either - but I'll have another look).

PS I've made this complaint on these forums eariler - no avail :)
PSS If you want to argue by scientific standards, this is a part not to
be left out.

--
bhaagensen