Mnyb wrote:
> But then what’s the point :)

The only point for me was that the Rogues were the ones I enjoyed
listening to most after auditioning or owning several SS amps.  I still
own a several SS amps: a Bryston 3B-SST, a Bryston B-60 integrated, and
a pair of little Rotel monoblocks.

> If a tube design does not sound "tubes"

I should clarify that what I mean is that I don't think my tube amps
sound like the the usual stereotype of tube amps.  But they don't sound
like the SS amps I've heard, either.

> then you could cut the cost 1/20 and use some op amps and transistors.
> Thats the catch if you don’t want the colouring then use modern
> components it's cheaper and more reliable and actually produces even
> better results .

Better results for me means I enjoy listening to music played through
the gear.

> http://www.stereophile.com/content/rogue-audio-m-180-monoblock-power-amplifier-measurements
> is this design really transparent ? or does it have a sonic signature .
> I would not even try with these distortion figures .

The measurements bother me a bit, but I still prefer the sound to the
better measuring gear I've had.