Jeff52 wrote:
> Apparently he is unwilling to consider that the majority of audiophiles
> can hear a difference between the cables.

That's a two-edged sword you're swinging. After years and years of
reading audiophile forums, one almost never sees a subjective audiophile
make any allowance for subjective or psychological factors when they
declare this cable better than that one. Odds are you're going to see
some convoluted and suspect quasi technical explanation.

Ironically, subjectivists seem unwilling to consider that subjective
influences might affect what they hear in spite of years upon years of
scientific research that shows how susceptible humans are to perceptual
self-manipulation, whether conscious or unconscious.

I'm all for people buying what they like and telling others about their
preferences. It's a rather hopeless wish on my part, but it would be
nice if the audiophile crowd would back off a bit in treating their
preferences as some type of calibrated instrument.