paulster wrote:
> I'd be interested to see measurements.  I've had two of them, one that
> sounded noticeably different to the other (which is a QC worry), but
> neither of them could hold a candle to the other couple of 9018-based
> DACs I have in my systems.  The owner of one of them came over all
> excited to see how good it would sound in my hifi, with balanced cables
> and everything at the ready.  It only took a few notes before he uttered
> a very deflated, "Oh."
>
> The perception is the bass seems to be muddy, and it feels like it has a
> rising frequency response, making it comparatively shrill and
> fatiguing.
>
> I've listened to them on Sennheiser HD-600s (single-ended and balanced
> outputs), Ultimate Ears UE10pros (single-ended outputs), and via the
> single-ended and balanced line outs, all of which exhibited the same
> traits.

If it has a frequency response problem and muddy bass when driving
headphones that makes me want to see the measurements even more , looks
like a classic impedance mismatch problem

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )