Archimago wrote:
> Okay. Fine. I have seen the light!
>
> $12,500.01 it is.
>
> Not a penny less! And to optimize the performance of this server
> machine, it'll have a 8GB vintage 10-year-old flash drive (because those
> were the quietest drives of course!). 2X DVD burner circa 2001 approved
> by some-elderly-tube-gear-maker-in-Japan, probably made by Creative. And
> I'll settle on a 1TB drive with no upgrades available. I know, 256GB
> would have been better (with less electrical noise of course) and
> probably would be fine for those who only listen to a few audiophile
> albums like 'Kind Of Blue', Diana Krall discography, 'Jazz In The
> Pawnshop'...
>
> On the software side, it'll just have to be stripped to the bone with
> our Linux install. Might need to wrestle a little to get everything to
> fit on 8GB flash (Vortexbox, LMS, caches...). Of course no other
> packages or extraneous background daemons; that would just destroy the
> sound quality.
>
> Dual-core Atom for netbooks would be good enough, anything faster would
> also damage the sound. And of course 2GB RAM is plenty.
>
> Add aeronautical milled aluminum fascia.
>
> Clearly: The. Ultimate. Serving. Machine.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> :-)

I can be the European distributor with a hefty markup at at least 50% or
more , we are used to oligopoly situations and no competition regarding
American or Japanese high end here in Europe . To defeat grey market and
used import we can outfit the device with a circuit that sense the 50Hz
AC and turn it off unless I have it it in for "service" for a
substantial fee ofcourse  . Wait that sounds familiar did not Krell do
that for a while :D (it is actually true , google .... )

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )