I see the same pattern as before with people that reported to hear 24bit
advantages in old Jazz music that was pulled from sale for being padded
16bit. Later they heard advantages in dsd and now welcome MQA but at the
same time are completely overwhelmed with the most simple abx because of
to many knobs.
What puzzles me even more is that lately some audiophile claimed
recordings to me sound simply mudded. Means like it purposely does mask
anything that may sound offensive even when the instrumentation in
reality needs to. Perfect digital recordings get EQ'd to death or make a
round to tape and back. I may hear extremely small details on living
room recordings done on a simple digital mixer from a bandcamp newcomer
and miss the kick at my latest 24/96 purchase coming from a so called
audiophile label.

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers