"Chris Furlough":
> > Then you did it. And you see everything under /root/jukebox_cddb/aufs,
> > except /proc, /sys, /dev/pts and /dev/shm, don't you?
> > Is it enough for you?
>
> Either I don't understand aufs, or it's not working.  After the above mount,
> I went to /root, and created a file, and threw some text into it.  Now, in
> theory, if I understand correctly, this file should ONLY exist virtually, as
> in only in the AUFS.  So, I reboot, and when it comes up, the file is there,
> and I can cat it normally.  Is the / dir NOT read-only?  Is this file
> existing in AUFS across boots?

You went to /root, it is out of aufs.
Your aufs is /root/jukebox_cddb/aufs, isn't it?
Your newly created file is saved in /root.

I am afraid you don't understand aufs or mount.
Probably, you need to try LiveCD, for example SLAX.
Basically, it doesn't save the created files in your hard drive.
Also, I recommend you to read the manual of chroot(8).

Junjiro Okajima