Hello Ramy,

"Ramy M. Hassan ":
> Unfortunatly, I am not able to use the current version of aufs for this
> purpose, because export via NFS is not yet supported by NFS. I see it in
> the list of (current work). Junjiro, could you please let me know when
> we should expect this feature in aufs ?

Currently I have finished implementing it and testing now.
I sent a patch to an aufs user since he requested this feature
strongly and propsed as tester. So I guess he and I are testing it now.
Will you join this test? Of course, it is a test and I never recommend
you to use it for production use.

> Is there any tool that allows merging the two branches in the upper
> read-write branch, so that we can safly remove the corrupted branch to
> be reformatted ? I know it should be easy to implement (maybe the
> snapmerge script that comes with unionfs can be used).

Unfortunately, I don't have such tool currently. Also I think that it is
worth to try the snapmerge script in unionfs.

While I am not sure, here is an idea.

# mount -t aufs -o br:/rw:/ro none /aufs
(some works)
# mount -o remount,prepend:/new_rw,xino=/new_rw/xino,mod:rw=ro /aufs
(continue working)
# mount -t aufs -o ro,br:/rw=ro:/ro none /aufs2
# cp -ru /aufs2 /aufs
# umount /aufs2

> Our application uses O_DIRECT (as a compile time flag) for performance
> reasons. We can disable O_DIRECT to be able to use aufs, although it
> would be very nice if aufs supported O_DIRECT (Junjiro was asking if
> that was neccessary).

Ok.
I will append it to my work-list. I am afraid reacing it will take a
longer time since some aufs users have some troubles now. You might know
it if you read this ML.
If you have a simple test case for O_DIRECT which I can use testing
aufs, please send me.

Junjiro Okajima