Hi Hans,

Hans-Peter Jansen:
> before switching my users to openSUSE 10.2 diskless, I tackled the job of
> backporting aufs to (at least) 2.6.11 for SuSE 9.3 (diff attached).
        :::
>                               All kudos to you!

Thank you very much.
I believe you have not only good skills but also frontier spirit.
I am very glad your success.
But I am afraid you will meet some problems in the future.

> I'm overwhelmed by this level of success. Thank you very much. If you visit
> Germany one day, or I am Japan, I would be pleased to invite you for a nice
> dinner at large - please let me know, seriously!

Haha, I decided now. Today I shall have a dinner with sausages, potatos,
sour cabbage, Butter AUFS Brot, beer, mit singing Ein Prosit. :-)

> If you want to do me a(nother) favour, please have a look on my changes and
> give me a note if something stands out badly. I you consider applying
> something like that, let me know, and I will try to clean it up.

- The macros LOCK_INODE() and UNLOCK_INODE() are not bad, but where do
  you use them?
- I prefer defining ATTR_FILE as zero, instead of removing.
- it is recommended to define CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG.

Junjiro Okajima