Hi Philippe,

Philippe Malinge:
> please find attached strace files for each round of "rm -fr dummy.3312"
> executed on nfs-client side.
> strace files are named using the round number (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Thank you for your test.
I believe it is a known problem which was reported recently by a few
people.

Aufs readdir(3)/getdents(2) doesn't return the entry. There seems to be
a time-lag until all the entries visible from aufs.
Now I am preparing to dive into this problem.
Please wait for a while.

In your case, 'mount -o remount /your/aufs' just before 'rm -fr' may
help you.

Junjiro Okajima