On Mon, 16 Nov 2020, Mol, Xavier (SCC) wrote:

Hi Dan,

just to be sure, you did notice Raphael's wording, right? "You just missing the
right operator for `regexp()`" - you're still using '=' instead of '=~' in your
example. For me, =~ works with regexp() and glob():

..I did not. It's funny, I'm a perl guy, and in that language "=" is never used for comparison, so my brain may have just been ignoring =~ there, as "=" works for everything but regex and glob.

I did try =~ in some of my examples, but again, in perl =~ /foo/ is all you need to declare a regex, you don't need the actual regexp() operator.

The other thing I was missing was the magic of the "." operator. You can see I was trying to use "value()".

I might have got this now.  Thanks.

Best,

-Dan