Lukas Fleischer [2020-04-14 09:36:11 -0400]
> On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 09:26:44, Frédéric Mangano-Tarumi wrote:
> > No way! aur_location refers to the development setup address. Its
> > default value in our sample configuration is http://localhost:8080,
> > which is fine. Note that in my first test I also accessed the database
> > directly too, so the environment is not entirely blackboxed.
>
> Could you quickly point me to where that default value is configured?
> Both the testing configuration generated by test/setup.sh and the sample
> configuration at conf/config.defaults seem to use our production setup.

My bad, you’re right. I had changed it following the TESTING
instructions. aur_location is clearly the variable to use, but in the
current state some people will miss it and the test suite would send
requests to production. One more argument in favor of the self-contained
test suite.

> We should still try to keep the tests that require these preparatory
> steps separate from tests that don't, just in case anybody wants to run
> the tests without having to install all the additional components.

Easy enough. We can spawn the server on the first instantiation of the
test client fixture. We could add some more detection steps to mark the
tests as skipped if spawning fails because of missing dependencies.