On 10/01, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
On 01/10/2017 10:11 AM, Levente Polyak wrote:
certbot-user:
- I think it may change at some point, but right now like every python
  package i know does -O1 on install

Details on that changing? I haven't seen any discussion anywhere.

Arch doesn't seem to have an explicit policy listed anywhere, why I am
not sure, but the Python Packaging Policies for other distros that I
have seen all seem to agree that pyc and pyo files are both mandatory.
e.g. :
- RPM -- should be created with `python -m compileall ...; python -O -m
compileall ...` when necessary, or rather an arcane macro provided by
the packaging tool.
- DEB -- is a linting error, should be created/updated by post-install
hooks and when the system python is updated, and removed by pre-remove
hooks.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_package_guidelines is the closest we have to official policy.

--
Sincerely,