Hi aur-general,

as a maintainer of fifty-something AUR packages I found it difficult
to keep track of new upstream versions. I would subscribe to various
RSS feeds to keep track of some.

Recently, I sat down and wrote a tool "aur-out-of-date" which, given a
username or a list of packages, checks upstream for newer versions. It
does so by inspecting the upstream URL and/or source URL, and calling
a suitable API (github.com, registry.npmjs.org, pypi.python.org,
cpan.org for now) to determine the latest released version.
Out-of-date packages are output in red color on the command line.

Give it a try:
https://github.com/simon04/aur-out-of-date
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aur-out-of-date/

I'm happy to hear you feedback :)