On 02/12/2018 03:30 PM, Brad Fanella via aur-general wrote:
> Per Eli's email, I have gone ahead and created a new AUR account under
> the alias "cesura" (my standard nick for the past few years). For
> clarity's sake, I've also made my bugtracker account under the same
> name. Based on the BBS policies, I don't believe a name change is
> possible, and plan to keep "itsbrad212" on the forums for the time being
> (as embarrassing as it may be).

Not as a general rule, no, but if the forum mods are feeling nice then
the forum software does allow it. :)

Likewise, Bluewind can edit the bugtracker database.

Perks of being friendly with the people in charge. :D

> This will be my standard PGP signature moving forward, and I have my
> fingerprint set on the new AUR account. I'll use this email as an
> extremely brief "application" of sorts, to potentially give a bit more
> background and outline my immediate goals.
>
> As some of you may already know, I was elected as a Trusted User back in
> 2010, and had a nice run of around 1000 svn commits (maybe exactly?). I
> made the decision to step down as I did not feel like I had enough free
> time to uphold my responsibilities. As a TU in 2018, there would be a
> few projects that I'd like to tackle first, notably the MATE desktop and
> a few other orphaned packages that have drifted away from upstream versions.
>
> Lastly, thank you to Eli Schwartz for the sponsorship, and if there are
> any outstanding questions for me, don't hesitate to ask.

Sure thing, and I'm sure it will be awesome to have you back!

As a matter of curiosity, MATE is already a pretty big and worthwhile
task to handle, but what other orphans are you thinking of adopting?

Handy link to the list of currently orphaned Community packages, for the
curious:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?repo=Community&maintainer=orphan

--
Eli Schwartz