On 16/11/18 1:03 am, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
On 11/15/18 7:57 AM, Morgan Adamiec via aur-general wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 12:49, hagar <ha...@iinet.net.au> wrote:>> But my main
question is how do you get around a circular dependancy. eg.
mingw-w64-harfbuzz depends on - mingw-w64-freetype2

mingw-w64-freetype2 depends on -mingw-w64-harfbuzz

You cant build one unless the other is already built.

You'd want to bootstrap with a binary package.

if foo depends on bar and vice versa, build foo against a binary version of bar
then rebuild bar against your version of foo.
This advice basically boils down to "you need to already have it in
order to build it", which isn't really the most useful advice unless
you're using the official repos...

Another way if possible is to configure foo and disable any features
that require bar.
Then after building bar, rebuild a fully featured foo. Although I'm not sure if
freetype/harfbuzz can be configured this way
Looking at the AUR, mingw-w64-harfbuzz depends on mingw-w64-freetype2
which is also provided by mingw-w64-freetype2-minimal,
mingw-w64-freetype2-bootstrap. I'm not sure why both variant packages
exist, but the -bootstrap variant is pretty obviously meant to do
exactly this.

Thanks all, I found the bootstrap ones.

Ive been redoing all my 340 odd builds in a chroot with distcc to fix some small issues.

Thanks

Macca