On 26/12/18 7:24 am, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
On 12/25/18 6:05 PM, hagar wrote:
On 26/12/18 6:39 am, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
On 12/25/18 5:23 PM, hagar wrote:
That part I knew.

I am even considering adopting a package or two.

But I was looking for some general PKGBUILD syntax and usage help.
This list is one of the several places to get exactly such help. But
"general syntax and usage help" is a suitably vague question such that
no one can possibly help you, since no one knows what the issue is.

If you just want generic tutorials, the wiki has documentation on how
PKGBUILDs work, and there have been Arch Classroom sessions on the topic
as well.

Not sure what else you're looking for. :)

The original question was-

How do you access /tmp/ during the package() phase while in fakeroot?

Some programs require this access.(hardcoded)
And there is nothing about fakeroot which prevents this.

In fact, I have just successfully run a package that executes `wine cmd
dir` and it has successfully created both /tmp/.wine-0 and ~/.wine
inside of a chroot.

Now, is your question about PKGBUILDs in general, or is it about wine in
particular? Because if you want help about wine in particular, then it
would be helpful to clearly distinguish this as the question.

It is about the combination of both

I am only building using makechrootpkg -c

I have built other packages which use wine - no problem

But this package is using wine in the package() phase while the others did not, and falling over.

I was wondering if I had missed something?

thanks

Macca