Am 27.02.2019 um 07:56 schrieb Eli Schwartz via aur-general:
On 2/27/19 1:37 AM, Brett Cornwall via aur-general wrote:
On 2019-02-27 02:09, alad via aur-general wrote:
Considering some recent issues regarding team behavior [1] in Arch, I'm
going to have to ask on some of your previous interactions with the
community, and open-source in general. I had two examples in particular,
the MineTest community [2], and interaction with other Arch users on
ArchWiki [3].

[1]
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2018-October/034461.html

[2] https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18156980
[3]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=XDG_Base_Directory&diff=prev&oldid=391411

By definition, a TU has to interact with users of community packages
(bug reports, emails, coordination with the rest of the Arch team, ...),
and users of the AUR in general (AUR requests, peace-keeping,
interactions with previous maintainers when promoting packages, ...).
This means that if aggressive behavior such as the above is part of some
general theme, there is a clear problematic.

Note that this is _not_ meant as a witch-hunt of any sort - nor do I
have any kind of personal involvement here. I do however value healthy
communication in the Arch community, and believe any TU candidate should
value it as well.

I would also chip in with the following from early 2017:

https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/1227

(I am also not in any sort of witch hunt, just thought this would be
relevant.)
If the only thing we can find to complain about is his attitude towards
Manjaro, then we obviously cannot find anything to complain about. :)

It's not about the _what_, but about the _how_. The issue could have been easily closed with "I don't support Manjaro", rather than a series of insults. What if a Manjaro user files a bug on the bugtracker for one of the Arch packages? I hope no package maintainer in Arch would act the same.

I get that emotions fly high whenever Manjaro gets involved, but I just don't see the point in addressing (public!) bug reports like this.