Hi,

some while ago, @flying-sheep passed on their `pycharm-community-eap` package to me, which I have been co-maintaining for a while at that point. Recently, I got a user request to remove the (make) dependency to `python2-setuptools`- which was used to pre-compile a Python 2 debugger provided from upstream - or make it optional.

Since on the one hand I agree that deprecating Python 2 is a good thing, but on the other hand there might be users who still (need to) work with Python 2, I'm wondering if and how to make a compromise would be the best way to go. There's no way to declare optional make-dependecies as far as I'm aware.

For the time being I've removed the makedep, but also have implemented a check in the `PKGBUILD` if `python2-setuptools` is installed anyways and under that condition, the precompiled Python 2 debugger is included. I'm not sure about this anyways, especially in regard to the official `pycharm-community-edition` package in the `community` repo, which does still depend on `python2-setuptools` at build time. Hence my query to the mailing list asking for opinions/recommendations how I should handle this. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks in advance !

 - Kr1ss -