Le 09/07/2023 à 16:23, Michael Kogan a écrit :
Am So., 9. Juli 2023 um 11:08 Uhr schrieb Robin Candau <an...@archlinux.org <mailto:an...@archlinux.org>>:

    Orphan requests are locked for 14 days after being submitted to give
    some time for the maintainer to react. The oldest pending orphan
    request
    for this package [3] can be accepted in 5 days.
    If there's no reaction from the current maintainer until then, we'll
    accept the orphan request and the package will be free for adoption by
    anyone :)

I see, thanks for the detailed explanation! Then, I guess,  we'll have to wait for 5 days... Just out of curiosity, isn't there the technical possibility for a TU to add a co-maintainer to an AUR package, as it would be a less invasive thing to do than orphaning the package completely?

Yes it is indeed a possibility. However, apart from some specific cases, this is something we usually avoid. Indeed, since requests aren't attributed to someone in particular and that the manual action of promoting a user as a co-maintainer while waiting for the lock down period of the request to end won't be tracked into the request itself, it makes orphan requests harder to follow and treat correctly and it could lead to eventual mistakes during reasoning or undesired finality.

Also, in that specific package's case, multiple people as expressed their wishes of taking over the maintenance in the multiple orphan requests that has been made in parallel. It doesn't seem fair to choose one arbitrary. Anyone that enabled notifications on the package's AURweb page and that enabled notification for ownership updates in their AUR account settings will be notified of the disowning of the package when the orphan request is accepted and could then adopt it first.

Quick reminder for anyone that feels "blocked" by the current state of this package: It seems like the needed patches/modifications have been described in the comments. Nothing prevents you to update the PKGBUILD locally on your side while waiting for the AUR package to be under active maintenance again (in 5 days, hopefully).

--
Regards,
Robin Candau / Antiz