On 22/1/24 16:59, Sam Mulvey wrote:
Hello!

I've been maintaining xen and associated packages for a few years. This relative evening the package got the following comment: https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/xen#comment-952940

I think it'd be a great idea to include xen in [extra], and I'm wondering if there's some way I could be of assistance or part of any ongoing discussion about it, if any.

Thanks!

-Sam

There's not really any ongoing discussions.

For what it's worth, my personal motivation is to package qubes guest packages into the Arch [extra] repo, of which qubes-libvchan will depend on shared library from xen (https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-core-vchan-xen/blob/6427a74060dccf0baa34e33ddd7be2b680545594/vchan/Makefile.linux#L33)

As an official package, it wouldn't have build options like your current AUR package. So I think you'd have to maintain an AUR xen-stubdom package separately.

Are you able to share why OCaml was disabled in your AUR package recently? (https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/PKGBUILD?h=xen&id=e9890b16a5414cb48c4946d0a84193019a007a34)