On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:43:23 +0000
"Eldeberen" <eldeberen.archli...@middleearth.fr> wrote:
> - How do I manage the decommissioning of the old tools?

You request that they be merged into the new package. Anyone that has
notifications set should get an email.

> - I understand I'm not allowed to use the 'replaces' directive on the
> PKGBUILD as it is not an official package, I am right?

You can, it just won't do much in the AUR. It's generally advised against
because people don't understand when to use it, but this is exactly the type
of case it was made for. Unfortunately, replaces only does anything when the
package is in a pacman repo, and won't do anything when people just -U the
package. People managing a local repo will get an automatic replacement instead
of having to `pacman -Syu cahute`, so there's that, but that's about it.

> - Should I add some warnings on existing p7/libp7/p7screen packages warning
> that they are no more maintained?

Merging should take care of that.