On Sun, Mar 03, 2024 at 03:27:54PM +0000, Carl Smedstad wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Yo!

> [....]
>
> For reference, PKGBUILDs for all packages I maintain in the AUR are
> available here: https://github.com/carlsmedstad/aurpkgs

As of writing I have gone through ~100 of the ~160 available packages (skipping
a few ruby ones) and generally the quality seems good.

I notice you are using `-buildvcs=false` in some Go packages which should
probably go into the package guidelines, but that is largely on me.

> I've also published some helper scripts I use:
> https://github.com/carlsmedstad/aurutils-extra

Generally seems like high quality scripts. One nitpick is that you can replace
all your `[ "$some_check" = 1 ];` with `((some_check))` which is less letter to
type.

I'd also maybe look at parsing .SRCINFO instead of sourcing PKGBUILD, but not
super relevant for a TU application :)

> For my other OSS-contributions, primarily bug reports and minor patches,
> my GitHub profile is most likely the best place to get an overview.

I went back a few years on Github and the bug reports seems to generally be of a
nice and high quality.

> Thank you for taking the time to read this, cheers!

Thanks for applying and good luck.

Now, excuse me. I need to find a Norwegian to sponsor as we can't have the
swedish leading with 3 packagers.

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16