Request #10526 has been accepted by Eschwartz [1]:

For future context, this resolution came out as a result of the
following discussion in the comments:

marcossena commented on 2018-02-08 01:14

Do not use. Broke my system. I had to reinstall. It would be good if
you retired from the repository. This is my suggestion.

Antegris commented on 2017-09-13 15:53

Kiwii: Thank you for the tips. I happened to install this hours before
a local competition (In my infinite stupidity I didn't check the
comments) and it seg faulted. I was able to recover my computer thanks
to the process you offered.

dundee commented on 2017-08-02 13:14

I contacted the author (Jakub JelĂ­nek from RedHat) and the resolution
is that prelink is not maintained anymore and this bug will not be
fixed (unless somebody takes over the project which is not likely).

***
PLEASE USE PRELINK ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE IT WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR
BINARIES!
***

Kiwii commented on 2017-08-02 00:00

Just as a heads up, it's currently breaking glibc and any app using
it: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/54820

If your system breaks, regular chrooting won't work anymore since bash
segfaults but you can still fix it from a live system by mounting your
root to e.g. /mnt/arch and then have pacman reinstall glibc with
custom root and config parameters:

# pacman -r /mnt/arch --config /mnt/arch/etc/pacman.conf -Syu glibc

After that, you can chroot into the system via the regular arch-chroot
script and undo prelinking of the rest of the system if you want/need
to:
# prelink -au

In case reinstalling just glibc doesn't work, just reinstall the base
group; that's what I did, though probably not necessary.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/Eschwartz/