Hello list,

The claim made in the message is unsubstantiated, as can easily be seen on the
package's page. I think the submitter is a package hoarder, because he has
383(!) packages on the AUR, most probably acquired through such requests.
This has happened before and leads to a centralization of the AUR.

In this particular case, the last request for a PKGBUILD update was only made
this morning at around 8 AM. The requester submitted the request today at 8 PM.
His claim that there were many comments with working PKGBUILDs is irrelevant,
because the only new one is from this morning around 8 AM.  The following claim
that there were no reaction sice 2016 is irrelevant as well, because the last
comment before that was only towards the end of march.
I consider the submission of the request after only 12 hours to be an attempt
at a package takeover, because the requester attempted to create the illusion
of an inactive maintainer.
I kindly ask to take care about accepting such requests and to take apropriate
action against such attempts.

Kind regards

Noel Kuntze

--
GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658