On 04/12/2018 04:41 PM, Noel Kuntze wrote:> In this particular case, the
last request for a PKGBUILD update was
> only made this morning at around 8 AM. The requester submitted the
> request today at 8 PM. His claim that there were many comments with
> working PKGBUILDs is irrelevant, because the only new one is from
> this morning around 8 AM.  The following claim that there were no
> reaction sice 2016 is irrelevant as well, because the last comment
> before that was only towards the end of march. I consider the
> submission of the request after only 12 hours to be an attempt at a
> package takeover, because the requester attempted to create the
> illusion of an inactive maintainer. I kindly ask to take care about
> accepting such requests and to take apropriate action against such
> attempts.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Noel Kuntze

Wow, just wow.

> many comments with working PKGBUILDs

Exactly two, both within the last month... while it is not exactly
joyous to have a maintainer not fix something in nearly a month, it is
also hardly unexpected, people do have lives which sometimes clash with
their AUR responsibilities.

Do note, however, that we usually give a grace period of two weeks for
any requests. So this was never going to be accepted. :)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User