Hello Eli,

On 12.04.2018 23:13, Eli Schwartz via aur-requests wrote:
> On 04/12/2018 04:41 PM, Noel Kuntze wrote:> In this particular case, the
> last request for a PKGBUILD update was
>> only made this morning at around 8 AM. The requester submitted the
>> request today at 8 PM. His claim that there were many comments with
>> working PKGBUILDs is irrelevant, because the only new one is from
>> this morning around 8 AM.  The following claim that there were no
>> reaction sice 2016 is irrelevant as well, because the last comment
>> before that was only towards the end of march. I consider the
>> submission of the request after only 12 hours to be an attempt at a
>> package takeover, because the requester attempted to create the
>> illusion of an inactive maintainer. I kindly ask to take care about
>> accepting such requests and to take apropriate action against such
>> attempts.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Noel Kuntze
> Wow, just wow.
>
>> many comments with working PKGBUILDs
> Exactly two, both within the last month... while it is not exactly
> joyous to have a maintainer not fix something in nearly a month, it is
> also hardly unexpected, people do have lives which sometimes clash with
> their AUR responsibilities.
>
> Do note, however, that we usually give a grace period of two weeks for
> any requests. So this was never going to be accepted. :)

The last package of mine that a request was made against (pacemaker-stable) was
merged (int pacemaker) rather quickly through an aur request,
so I'm pretty sensitive about such things. Whenever I do requests myself, I
give the maintainers ususally a month before I send it
and also send them mail to their registered email address in case they don't
see the mail from the AUR.

The AUR only sends one mail per request and, as you wrote yourself, people have
a busy life. Relatively unimportant tasks like updating PKGBUILDs are forgotten
rather quickly.

Thank you for rejecting the request.

Kind regards

Noel

--
Noel Kuntze
IT security consultant

GPG Key ID: 0x0739AD6C
Fingerprint: 3524 93BE B5F7 8E63 1372 AF2D F54E E40B 0739 AD6C