seems that so far, we not found anyone one that can answer the key questions
below

> I would be very interested to hear from any CFI's on the list as to what are
> the risks being mitigated by having both L1 and L2 ops in place. How does
> having a L2 instructor around help mitigate with those risks?

Given the commentary, I have my suspicions that the current L1/L2 ‘safety
measures’ do very little to mitigate the risk of the pilot as I cant see the
traceability between the requirements and skills needed.

Are there any reasons why the GPC should not train pilots to the level where
they can fly fully independently?

Done correctly would this not increase safety?

I assume this would mean upskilling of the current instructors.