>>This is comparable to the foam cushions that we currently have. If anything
>>the memory foam is better.
A quote I got a month or 2 ago was for nearly twice what the aldi offering is.

IMHO, the best value memory foam is the so-called "factory overstock"
from Dynamic Systems in the USA. They do a range of densities and
sizes and the price is very reasonable compared with say Confor. The
initial drop tests done in the UK appear to have been done with
Dynafoam.

Your mileage may vary as they say over there but the Aldi foam is
about the same as the medium soft from Dynamic and fine for an upper
layer but I doubt it would actually absorb much in the way of shock…
and isn't that what you're using it for? You'd need a medium density
foam for that.

Dynamic Systems do ship to Australia.