Thanks Bruce.
I had heard they were available but still were a bit lacking in the
response department, but that was a couple of years back and things have
clearly moved on.

We will most definitely look into the ClearNav's etc.
Possible the only thing that concerns me more out of ignorance than
anything is how the gyro technology responds to engine vibration in both
performance and reliability.
Has there been any issues with engines and these types of vario's that your
aware of?

Thanks.
Michael.