Ben,

If you can use straight (ie non-prescription) sunnies you can't go better than Sun-Tigers with yellow tint.  If you need prescription lenses then go for Zeiss SkyPol in bi-focal format. They offer a nice brown tint which is fine for most eyes.  For a current review of options see August/September edition of UK Sailplane & Gliding - a very good article by John Wright entitled "The eyes have it! Sunglasses revisited". The matter of polarisation is a personal thing - I prefer polaroids because of improved external contrast (visibility) and  minimum canopy internal reflections.  I've never had a problem with canopy polarised stress patterns etc.

Geoff V